My Autumn/Winter staples and must haves! makeup..skincare..haircare!☃♥

08:12


I thought for my next post I'd do a massive photo spree of all of my staple products that I most use in Autumn and will carry on to use in the Winter!

First I'll start with the products I most use on my face and I'll give you a quick run down review of each and why I use it for these seasons! 
  • MUA - Mosaic Blush - 2.50 - I love love love this blusher for how inexpensive it is, when I first saw MUA products I assumed they wouldn't be great as they were very cheap, but after trying their lipsticks and eye-liners I generally liked the quality and consistency. I'm always a bit wary about skin products that are cheap as I had a bad experience once before using pound lands own foundation which brought me out in a massive skin rash and I couldn't wear makeup at all for like a few weeks which was a nightmare! So really I was conscious about purchasing MUA'S powders but I thought I would give it a go anyway! These products are actually really lovely and the blush is a very subtle pink shimmer which is lovely for the winter as my skin goes quite pale and colourless and this just warms my face up gently again! 
  • MUA- Bronzer - 1.00 - This bronzer is really great if you want to lightly warm/brown your skin but contour also. I wanted a matte bronzer and this pretty much matte but I think there is a very little amount of shimmer which is okay, I do try to build this up very lightly rather than put it all on at once as it is very easy to get to much on the brush!

  • T-ZONE Anti Blemish BB Cream and Spot Zapping Gel - I have known about the brand T-Zone for so long now, I remember my older brother using a lot of the gels and creams and face washes a lot when he was in his teens and apparently it was really great for acne and blemishes. When I first used it I wasn't really that impressed or understood the hype for it as to me it didn't really help my skin at all! So I shifted to other brands but recently I saw they had a BB cream and I wanted to give it a go. My first impressions is that it is EXTREMELY liquidy, just tip the bottle onto it's lid and the product pours out and has like a milkshake kind of consistency (the best way I can describe it! ;) ) I immediatley thought that this was not going to have any coverage because of this but surprisingly a little goes a long way.. as I found out the hard way! It doesn't have a massive amount of coverage, but for days where my skin is looking better without foundation this substitutes really well! 



  •  RIMMEL MATCH PERFECTION FOUNDATION - I don't think I can say a lot about this foundation! I've been using it and re-buying it on and off for the past year or two because it just is a great foundation! It's one of those foundations that hasn't got anything spectacular about it, but it has nothing wrong with it either which makes it one of my staples!


  • I tend to use quite a few brushes for my makeup but these are the main ones I use! Real techniques expert face brush (do I even need to begin on how great this brush is?!) And then two newer brushes which I purchased from TK MAXX and they are the Elite Models Powder brush (#48) and the I ON beauty Angled blusher brush. I'm not sure how popular or well known these brands are but I haven't heard of those two before, but the brushes are amazing quality and the hairs haven't fallen out at all and the brushes are really great at picking up the product easily so I don't have to keep rubbing the brush to pick more up. I think these brushes were about six pounds each! 


  • For my face/eyes are these little pots of joy! Calvin klein cream eyeshadows! These were an absolute bargain buy from poundland! I know, crazy! I re-bought a few of these to keep me going in case the stock ran out (I don't think they sell them anymore! :( ) and they are just great! These are the first cream eyeshadow's I had used and they are quite sheer if you just apply with you finger but I have started to use a dome eyeshadow brush which picks up a lot of more of the product! They are in the shades sheer nectar and vintage metal and I have been using them a lot more recently because they are quite sparkly which is lovely for coming in to the festive season! They also work as a great primer for any other eyeshadows.
  • Finally, makeup wise, I have been loving my Naked 3 palette (Who would have guessed!) as it has so many sparkly golds and darker colours which are lovely for transitioning into winter! 
  • My lips have been getting very chapped as it is getting colder and I'm so bad for forgetting to put lip balms on before I go out as I find the best ones are very annoying and sticky and so obvious to look at! So I have started using the Clinique chubby sticks, these are great lip balms which have very sheer colour which is great because it doesn't matter what kind of makeup you're rocking as it tends to just go with whatever! The balms are very moisturising but I sometimes find I have to re apply them regularly which may be irritating for some!
  • I have definitely become very attached to winging out my eye-liner recently and it's something I do everyday now as I think it just makes my eye's pop! I find winged eye-liner most easiest with the pen versions and I previously used Eyeko skinny liquid eyeliner which was great but it dried up with in a few weeks! I tried to find one similar and maybe with a pointier tip and I came across Asda's own George precision felt tip liner! It's long lasting and so easy to apply and I have a feeling it's going to be something I repurchase once it's used up!







  • Some other little things just to finish this post of is hair/hand/skin care wise! I use a lot of heat on my hair in the winter more than I do the rest of the year, especially nearer Christmas, I find I curl my hair and straighten it rather than scrunch it with mousses or sea salt like I would when it's warmer! And so I wanted to find hair products that would protect my hair, I have so many different heat protections and I found these were the best! - Schwartzkopf gliss liquid silk- I find this best for curling as it just makes the curls so shiny and lovely! And my holy grail of this year (not even an understatement) is the Loreal Paris studio hot smooth cream! This stuff is the bomb! It's like a cream which you take a walnut size and smooth it in to the ends and mid lengths of your hair, leave for about 10 minutes to dry, then straighten! It protects and creates shine, but the best bit is it makes my hair stay dead straight for that day, and the day after! It's insane and has to be one of the best hair products I've come across in my opinion.  
  • I also have started using hair oils, I'm really trying to re nourish my hair and stop split ends and so I've been using Mellor and Russell's argan shine hair oil, you only need a little and it's really helping to tame the frizz of my hair as well as conditioning.
  • The frosted cranberry hand cream is something I mentioned in my last post from my little Body Shop haul, I've been using it pretty much every day and my hands are lot more smooth and not getting dry at all! Not to mention the very lovely festive smell it has! 
  • Finally, I've been using a lot of Derma V10's bio oils and creams recently as I can get quite bad skin on my back and it really brings me down, especially as I used to wear a lot of dresses and vest tops which are backless, and in the summer- bikinis, it's a real stab to my confidence, not to mention extremely irritating and the bio oil is literally the only thing which has helped it and I've seen a lot of results and it's really helping my skin! I also use it on my face at night too, and in the morning my skin is always radiant and glowing because of it! It's going to be a fab product to use over the winter for if I get chapped skin in the cold!
I've just realised I've written a hell of a lot for this post! Makes up for my lack of posting I guess! But there you have all my winter and autumn staple products! 
Hope you enjoyed this post! What are you go-to products in the winter?:) 
















You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me

Follow on Bloglovin

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts